Thursday, December 18, 2008

I can't be more excited!!

So this past year, We have ranked up quite a big hospital bill. (hospital visits to labor and delivery before Layne was born, actual labor and delivery, Layne's 5 day stay in the NICU, my er visit, and Matt's CT scan.) Anyways with all those visits we managed to rack up an almost $4,000 hospital bill!! We payed $783 of it back in September. (That was before we found out the true total. I absolutely hate how our hospital bills. Sending multiple statements before you know the FULL amount of the bill. So they make you think you paid it all and then they send you other bill for more money. It's ridiculous!) After we paid the first amount, we thought that was all we owed. Then in October we got another bill telling us we owed $2,704.00. I literally cried when I saw this because I had absolutely no clue how we were going to come up with the money. Anyways we talked to the financial department at the hospital and they had us fill out a financial assistance form. This past week we got a letter from the department saying they had written off $2,704.00 for us and that we don't owe them anything now! I'm so excited about this!! I just had to share the news.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

That is FABULOUS! Having some of the same bills - especially the NICU, we were in for a month - I can understand your relief! Yeah you - what a great early Christmas present. WOOHOO!