Friday, December 12, 2008

Just A Little Something I've Been Working On...

When I was little my mom made salt dough ornaments and wall hangings of my handprints for gifts to my grandparents. I thought I would try the same thing with Layne. Only instead of doing handprints I did his footprint. Here are some pictures of the wall hanging I made.
I painted the light brown paint on first before adding the dark brown. I thought it would be easier.

Finished product. I just have to spray polyeurithane on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recipe for Salt Dough
4 cups Flour
1 cup salt
1 3/4 cups water
I baked the ornaments at 200 degrees for 2 1/2 hours and then let them dry out the rest of the way for 3 days before painting them. You can bake them for as long as needed just don't let them burn. (Note: It worked really well for me to spray the pan with cooking spray before putting them on the pan. They didn't stick at all. )

No comments: