Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've got a problem...

Layne is a great baby. He sleeps through the night. (From about 7pm to 7am) And he's such a good eater. My problem is that he will NOT nap during the day. He gets crabby about 10am or so and I give him a bottle. He'll fall asleep while drinking it but as soon as he's done he's wide awake again. He does the same thing in the afternoon. I don't know what to do with him. I can tell he needs a nap during the day because by the time we leave my parents house he is crabbier then hell. I have no clue what to do. He's been doing this for a couple of months now. Does anyone have any ideas??

1 comment:

Kacey said...

I have so much catching up to do! I was out of the loop this weekend with no internet. YIKES!

OK, so the sleeping gig is just something he will get used to. I would try laying him down BEFORE you think he will start getting cranky. He may fuss a little but it may be better than laying him down when he is actually really tired.

Lincoln was hard to get to sleep at first and because I needed him and Ru on the same schedule I had to make it work. I laid him down with a safe crib toy - a rattle or something else that makes noise. Now he goes down like a champ!

Just a thought but it may work better if you laid him down before he got super tired. :D