Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First Word

I was just going through my blog entries and noticed that I forgot to blog about this BIG milestone. Last Week ( I believe it was Thursday night.) when Layne and I got home from daycare we walked into the house and we both heard Daddy talking on the phone. Layne was getting extremely excited. I asked him " Who's home Layne?? Who is that talking?" He immediately turned to me and yelled "Dad!" I was so in shock. I raced into the sun room where Matt was and told him what Layne said. Matt took Layne on his lap and asked him " Layne, who am I?" Layne again immediately yelled "Dad!" again and leaned over on Matt like he was hugging him. It was about the cutest thing I had ever seen!! Layne is almost 8 1/2 months old now. My mom says this was about the same time that I started talking too. ( I didn't just say one word though when I first started talking. My first words were somewhat of a sentence. "Get Get Cat Cat." ) I'm so excited I was there to witness his first word!! I can't wait to see what else he will start saying!


Picture was taken on our trip in Omaha at Laura and Jesse's house. Miles is in the background.

No comments: