Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Smoke Free South Dakota

I've been meaning to write about this for a while now but it has just slipped my mind. This past month some very important legislation was passed in South Dakota and I couldn't be happier. As of July 1st of this year, all restaurants and bars will be smoke free!! I think it's about time they got this passed. One of my biggest pet peeves is smelling like smoke when I leave a restaurant or bar. For a while now I've only been going to bars in Iowa because they are all smoke free. I absolutely hate the smell of smoke and don't want to expose myself to second hand smoke or expose Layne to third hand smoke from my clothes. Second hand smoke causes more than 50,000 deaths a year in the United States alone!! It can also cause SIDS among infants. Right now about 24 states in the United States have passes Smoke Free laws. I hope that more and more states will continue on with this change to become Smoke Free. Check out here for more information about Smoke Free South Dakota or here for more information on Second hand smoke.

No comments: